Another 3 book parties sponsored by TAMMACHAT Natural Textiles (thanks to our customers) were held on Feb. 7, March 14 and April 9, 2013 in 3 villages in rural Laos. At the end of each party, held at the village schools, all the kids get to choose a free book of their own in the Lao language, nearly always the first book they've ever owned. Then the book party team leaves more books with the school, so the students can trade their book for a different one after they've read it.
GRANDMOTHER POWER -- A Global Phenomenon, is making waves! Enjoy and share these updates as word spreads about grandmothers around the world making a difference.
- Weaving grandmothers in rural Thailand work to protect their environment from a neighbouring gold mine: Grandmothers Defend the Earth.
- Read more from Paola's blog.
- GRANDMOTHER POWER wins the "Multicultural Non-Fiction" category of the 2013 International Book Awards!
- GRANDMOTHER POWER is a finalist in ForeWord Reviews' "Book of the Year Awards," which honor 2012's most distinguished books from independent publishers. Winners to be announced June 28, 2013.
- Read dozens of posts in the 2013 Grandmother Power Blogging Campaign -- TAMMACHAT's post from this blog joins the voices.