Big Brother Mouse - Books in Lao that Make Literacy Fun
Thanks to the support of TAMMACHAT customers (and many others), beautifully illustrated books in the Lao language are distributed through "book parties" to village schools. In 2008 Big Brother Mouse held 196 books parties. In 2012, they held 903, bringing 270,000 books directly to children. We're proud to be part of this important work.
For more photos and information, visit:
TAMMACHAT sponsors 2 more reading programs in rural Laos schools, Attapeu province: Feb. 10, 2015 and Feb. 11, 2015.
TAMMACHAT sponsors reading program in rural Lao school, Dec. 3, 2013
Bringing more books to children in Laos - our blog post of Oct. 15, 2013
- Big Brother Mouse - learn more about their pioneering literacy work and donate directly to sponsor your own "book party" or the printing of a new book
- Supporting children's literacy in Laos - our blog post of Feb, 3, 2013
- Supporting literacy in Laos: more village "book parties" - our blog post of June 12, 2012
- TAMMACHAT customers buy books for Lao kids - our blog post of Jan. 4, 2012
- Photo Essay: Big Brother Mouse Brings Fun & Educational Books to Kids in Laos - our 2011 time with Big Brother Mouse in Laos